If you have been provided with new spectacles from VisionCare Optometrists, you have been supplied with a great pair of spectacles made to the highest standards. Modern spectacle lenses are a feat of technical engineering so it is important you look after your eyewear properly.
To ensure your spectacles give you years of comfy wear, follow our tips for their daily care:
1. Keep your spectacles in the provided case when they are not being worn.
2. Always put on and take off your spectacles with both hands. This will ensure they maintain their shape.
3. Clean lenses with the provided polishing cloth (This cloth works by removing the grease and surface contaminants off the spectacle lenses without scratching them).
4. Use the specially formulated lens cleaning solution to prevent damage to your lenses
5. Always hold both sides of the spectacle frame rim when cleaning the lenses.
6. If the lenses have dust on them rinse them in luke-warm water before cleaning.
7. Visit us for a regular check on your spectacles adjustment. This will help maintain a comfortable fit.
8. Hair sprays and some perfumes can deposit residues on lenses so always remove your spectacles and keep them well away if using these products
To keep your spectacles in great condition
1. Never place your glasses with the lenses facing downwards.
2. Never clean your spectacles by holding them by the sides or nose bridge.
3. Don’t use hot water or soap as this can damage some lens coatings.
4. Avoid exposing your eyewear to excessive heat crazes the coatings
5. Never put your glasses without their spectacle case into your pocket or handbag.
6. Don’t put your spectacles on the top of your head, otherwise they will be put out of shape, and the lenses may get scratched.
7. Avoid allowing others to try your glasses on. They’re fitted for your individual face; allowing someone else to wear them can alter the fit.
If your spectacles do happen to get damaged don’t try and repair them yourself, always bring them into us for careful examination and professional repair.
If you need any further advice on looking after your spectacles, need information on lens coatings or simply need a check on the fit of your spectacles why not drop into your local Visioncare branch and we will be glad to assist.