Having a regular eye examination is important to maintain the quality of your vision and for the ongoing health of your eyes . Many of the medical conditions which can affect the eye do not have obvious symptoms so an eye examination is often the only way of identifying and treating them. In certain circumstances eye exams can even identify signs of other underlying general health issues.
At Vision Care Medical Eye centres we recommend regular eye exams to help keep you and your eyes in good health. We pride ourselves on using the very latest technology and equipment so that you can be sure that we can offer the most comprehensive health check on your eyes.
Who should have eye exams?
• Children who are of school age and students
• People over the age of 60 –because there is an increased risk of developing eye and health issues after this age
• Smokers – smoking can have a detrimental effect on the health of the eyes
• If you have eye conditions – glaucoma, cataracts, dry eyes.
• Medical conditions – Eg. people who have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease or strokes are all at risk from eye disease
• Digital device users – whether this is for work or social use at home.This includes people who use smart phones,tablets and those who regularly play computer games or watch TV
• People who suffer from headaches
• Drivers – especially those who drive regularly as part of their occupation
• People who have a family member who has diabetes, glaucoma or macular degeneration as this increases the chance of them suffering from the same problem
A comprehensive eye examination does much more than test your level of vision. It also can reveal the health of your eyes as well as general health issues.
Examples of what can be identified with a full eye test are shown below:
• Risk of high blood pressure or stroke
• Risk of high cholesterol levels
• Macular degeneration
• Digital Eye strain
• Dry eye
To help keep your eyes and general health in check book a comprehensive eye examination at your local branch of VisionCare Medical Eye Centre today