As we are an independent group, we can use lenses from any manufacturer and are not restricted to a limited range which multiples are -This is great for us and for you as we can offer you the best products to suit your eyes. We often have products utilising the newest technologies in advance of other opticians. As a group we are contact lens specialists fitting all types including medical lenses.
Your contact lens trial will consist of the following:
- Examination of the ocular surface and lids
- Assessment of the tear film
- Corneal measurements with corneal scan
- Discussion of appropriate lens types according to results of above
- Application of trial lenses to assess immediate tolerance (occasionally this may need to be booked as a separate appointment if trial lenses need to be specially ordered)
- Vision assessment with lenses
- Fit assessment
- Teaching session lasting approx. 20-40 minutes
- Lens application and removal technique
- Wearing instructions / lens care / cleaning where necessary
- Solutions and hygiene advice
- Contact lens 'do's and don'ts'
- Issue of stock trial lenses/trial solutions to take away to be worn in your own environment where necessary
- Lenses should be worn to this appointment (wear at least 3 hours before attending)
- Review of fit and vision, refinement where necessary
- If any changes are made a further appointment may be necessary.
At the end of this consultation period, we will discuss whether you prefer to wear lenses on an 'every day' or 'part-time' basis. Also whether the lenses are rigid RGP or soft. You may then choose to take advantage of the Lens Plan, which is our monthly direct debit scheme offering discounts on both contact lenses and spectacles and covers all future contact lens aftercare appointments and eye examinations.
The cost of a contact lens assessment is £45-£120 depending on the complexity and time, which covers all the above. A medical lens fit e.g., Keratoconus will require more time and the costs will be from £160